Halloween is fast approaching… and it’s time to figure out your costume(s)!! Here are 13 Halloween costume ideas that will be sure to earn you lots of treats.
2. Daenerys & John Snow.
Game of Thrones has seven seasons of costume options. Go solo, as a couple, or as a group costume with Daenerys and her dragons, the three Lannisters, the Knight’s Watch, or the Night King and his army.
3. Dark Fairy.
If you’re looking for something easy but enchanting, pick up a pair of black wings and eyelashes to pair with your favorite little black dress. Go heavy on the eyeliner and prepare to turn some heads.
4. Word Search.
One year, I was a Word Search. I puffy painted letters onto white fabric, then outlined a few words in glow-in-the-dark puffy paint, and turned it into a dress! Inanimate objects are always fun and unexpected. I had a friend growing up who was always a calculator or a salad bowl to my witch or Batman.
5. Marilyn Monroe.
See my friend, Taylor, above for inspo. Curl your hair and pin it up to get the iconic Marilyn curled bob. A white halter dress, a beauty mark, and lipstick will have you looking like the babe of all babes. If you’re feeling real fancy, bring along a fan to twirl and flutter up your skirt.
6. Sandy & Danny from Grease.
“What’s up, stud?” Bringing Summer Nights to Halloween.
7. Catwoman, Batwoman, Harley Quinn, or Poison Ivy.
You can never go wrong with superheroes & super villains.
8. Body Paint. (Fairies, Day of the Dead, or Comic Book characters)
Get out the body paints and whip up a persona. These are always some of the coolest costumes you come across.
9. Little Red Riding Hood.
So sweet and innocent. Bring the fairy tale to life. I’ve also seen it done with a wolf, grandma, and a woodcutter. Cast your characters against people’s ‘type’ to make it more ironic.
10. A mythical forest creature.
This make-up and costumery is seriously badass. Sure to win any costume party.
11. A Butterfly.
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
12. Siri or Watson.
You could dress as anything from an iPhone to all shiny bot-like clothes or an AI version of Carmen San Diego (Siri) or an AI version of a detective (Watson) or a play on the words Artificial Intelligence. Practice up on your voice impersonations and answer all questions just so.
13. Alice in Wonderland.
It’s a classic. I can never get enough Alice in Wonderland. These pictures are actually from a themed Birthday party I had one year, but they work just as well for Halloween. Don’t forget the Jabberwocky, Queen of Hearts, and playing cards.
Still looking for ideas? Check out this clever list from Siri, or ask her yourself!
- “You could dress up like chapstick and tell people you’re ‘the balm.'”
- “Jump up and down, over and over, and shake your fist. You can tell people you’re antigravity.”
- “Grab a pillow, some cardboard, and a brown t-shirt, and you’re a s’more. S’more or less.”
- “Put on a little pointy hat, and go as a circumflex.”
- “You could put on a surgical gown, hold some instruments, and tell people you’re an ‘operating system.'”
- “You could go as an eclipse. Just dress in black and stand in front of things.”
- “You could place a calendar on your head and go as an update.”
- “Just be yourself, pumpkin.”
List compiled on Time.com